Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Bitter Reunion

It's been six weeks since that ruttin' bitch, Sylph, shot my arse down over Santo. She thought it was such a hoot to patch me up in her infirmary while she sifted through my ship's wreckage for salvage and cargo. No sooner'n I was patched up, that gorram devil-woman threw me into the desert and left me for the slavers. The final knife was her smug face when she tossed me my Pescaline D, sayin' "At least now you'll give 'em a fight before they break you.". She'd probably have me believe that was a spot of mercy. I swear I'll put a bullet in that huai dan one of these days after all she's done to me.

Fortunately, lady luck came smilin' my way for once in my life. After wandering the ruttin' desert for damn near a week and runnin' clean out of Pescaline, I got picked up by a couple settlers from a nearby colony and scored a roof, a meal, and a bed. They were good folk; old, wrinkly, and overly kind to whatever strangers they found stumblin' through the desert. I reckon I wasn't the first to swindle 'em. It's not usually my game to swindle folk like them, but I had no kinda choice. I jacked an old short range transport and somehow broke atmo. Drifted about for a spell before Otto finally picked me up in The Hog. That shitty old boat is older'n he is and feels like to crumble every time I'm on it, but it's still kicking after all these years, just like the old man.

No comments:

Post a Comment