Monday, February 2, 2009

Back in Action

Feels good to be working again. I signed on as a tracker and hired gun with the crew of the Raivenn, an old Firefly captained by a Browncoat Vet named Duncan. The work's mostly salvage or cargo hauling, but we get to lay out a few purple bellies here and there, so I can't complain. The coin ain't bad either.

I got a wave from Shalimar last night, sayin' Pod had a job for us. So me and her met up with him at the station and he filled us in. I ain't gonna include the details here, just that the job was a success, but turned sour pretty quick. Ended up in a pretty fierce firefight in an abandoned fallout shelter on Shadow. It was just me and Pod there when five fully armed feds started lookin' for us. I figured we were humped. Luckily, I managed to get a wave to Lily and request backup. Her, Duncan, and Shal all came to save the day. It was still damn ugly though, longest firefight I been in for quite some time. I managed to go out without a scratch and still took down three of the feds.

We were plannin' to fence the goods we got and I was lookin' forward to a vacation to Ariel or some other core planet where I could spoil myself. But, of course, Pod and Duncan ended up destroyin' it! "Too dangerous if it landed in the wrong hands" they said. Now I didn't sign on with this crew to spread rainbows and sunshine through the 'verse, I did it for the coin. If things keep goin' this way, I think I'd rather be unemployed again. Damn vets with their ideals and belief in the greater good.. Ah well.. once a Browncoat, always a Browncoat.

No comments:

Post a Comment