Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I've had it

Since I first stepped foot on this gorram moon, every last prick here labeled me as a low and dirty scumbag looking to sleaze my way around. Everyone but Lily. She invited a total stranger like me to her home and never gave me so much as a cold stare or a skeptical glance. It tears me in half that I failed her the way I did. Maybe I got ahead of myself, maybe I saw too much of Sylph in her, I don't know. Another strike carved through my heart and whatever ridiculous fantasies I had for a happily ever after.

I reckon a lot more people will want me dead once word spreads that I hurt Hale's community child. Let them try, I say. I'm done wearing a mask and trying to earn their respect. I'm done laying my life on the line only to get scowls and glares in return. I'm through taking the bullshit they throw my way. If they don't like it, they can either do something about it or back the hell off. I'm not gonna go on a crazy killing spree like General did, but I'm not gonna meekly bow out of a conflict either.

'Side from that, nothing's gonna change. I'm gonna stay with the Cap's crew and take on jobs as they come like I did before, show up at Firefly's and drink and dance and do whatever the hell else I want. I'll march on ahead with my head held high, like I always do. And if anybody gets in my way, I'll pump them full of lead. Simple as that.

No comments:

Post a Comment