Saturday, February 7, 2009

"Not again"

Sylph...

I still don't understand why you did the things you did.. Why all the love I held for you was reduced to.. well.. whatever it is we have now. I can't undo what I've done to you.. but I hope through some miracle that what I write here somehow reaches your ears. I'm so sorry for everything.. for betraying you, for putting you through what I did..

I'm sorry... for Ellie.

Since this no-name bounty hunter showed up on Hale's, I've thought about you.. I've even told a few of the folks here about what happened, but I could never tell them the rest of the story.. I'd rather them think me another coin hungry mercenary, not a downright traitor. I reckon it makes me a coward that I can't bring myself to tell them the truth about you, Ellie, and I..

I hope to see you again some day, preferably without a pistol to my heart. I just want to explain things without you storming out of my life.. Would vengeance really save you? Save us? I always wondered why you never finished me.. I've given you more opportunities than I'm proud to admit, yet you never pull that trigger. You, the hotheaded, 'guns-a-blazin' loudmouth. Now, after the end.. I guess you were better after all, eh?

I wonder, Sylph...

Do you still wear my ring too?

No comments:

Post a Comment